Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Favourite Things: Stashbot App



Photo: Knitbot

My favourite new thing is an awesome little app for iGadgets, the Stashbot app. I came across the Stashbot booklet while ordering from Quince and Co., but they weren't wholesaling them. I was sad, but I moved on. And then this morning, while doing important (boring) yarn store work I stumbled across and even better thing, the Stashbot app! Low and behold, a very easy, comprehensive and efficient app that helps you estimate how much yarn you'll need for several common projects. 

Variety of Projects
  • vest/shrug
  • cropped sweater, 3/4 sleeves
  • average length sweater
  • long sweater tunic
  • hat
  • mitts
  • scarf/shawl/infinity scarf
  • socks

Full Range of Sizes 
  • sweaters: 3 months to 62" bust circumference
  • hats: baby to XL adult
  • mitts: baby to XL adult
  • scarf/shawl/infinity scarf: 11x44", 11x60", 11x90"
  • socks: baby to XL adult

Comprehensive Tension/Stitches per Inch 
  • range from 3 to 8 stitches per inch
  • in increments of 0.25 (3, 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4 ... etc)

I used to use the Knit Handy App, but always had issues with the tension information - it only offers data for whole numbers (3, 4, 5, 6 .... etc), and as you may know, stitch tensions are often fractions. My new favourite thing!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive