Monday, May 12, 2014

Store Project: Liesl Spring/Summer Cardie



Liesl Spring/Summer Cardie

I'm in love with the new Spring/Summer cardie I just finished, Liesl.

The Yarn
I used Cascade Ultra Pima, which I really, really loved! It's a very deceptive yarn, it looks like a plain cotton, but it is soft, pliable, has a slight sheen, and is easy to work with. I used needles 2mm larger than suggested and they weren't pointy, and it was still easy to work with - I definitely did not expect that. I don't normally relish summer knitting because cotton is a little hard on my hands, but this yarn was great! I'm already planning my next project with it (Rebel Lace Cardie by Jennifer Hansen).

The Pattern
Liesl is a great pattern, I've made it before and it's lace for people who don't like knitting lace. It's knit top-down, so you can try on the project as you go. All the details are spelled out in the instructions, and they are very well written. The pattern repeat is only 4 rows, but you only knit lace on one of the rows - 3 holiday rows! The lace pattern is also incredibly easy to remember and mark with stitch markers. I also marked my rows with locking stitch markers, making the project mostly mindless.

Yarn: Cascade Ultra Pima (2 skeins)
Needles: 6mm-29" + 6mm-16" circular needles, 8mm needles (for cast-on)
Notions: locking stitch markers, pointy darning needle, steam iron
Pattern: Liesl by Ysolda Teague
Our Project Notes: Spring 2014: Liesl














No comments:

Blog Archive