Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Knitted Wild Animals



15 Adorable, Easy-To-Knit Toys

What can i say, I'm a sucker for toy knits. I can't help it, they're just so cute. And you can make little sweaters for them and dress them up like people. All of the patterns are made with the same yarn, they suggest a worsted weight. It looks like they have used acrylic, but I would prefer Cascade 220 Superwash or if you want a yummier knitting experience Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran or Dream in Color Classy.

The projects include an elephant, giraffe, zebra, tiger, lion, crocodile, monkey, snake, hippo, rhino, panda, wharthog (poor, neglect warthog), koala, penguin, and the cliche mascot of Canadian national identity, the moose (he gets a red sweater with a maple leaf).  I think I am smitten with the hippo, giraffe, and monkey.

On a personal note, I especially like this book because it has a pile of jungle animals, and my brother and sister-in-law are decorating their soon to be baby's nursery in jungle themed sheets. And also because monkeys are funny.  Infact, they are so beloved that the Monkey pattern in this book is available online for FREE! I think I will make one for my niece/nephew in progress and dress it in a sweater. 

As always, you can find us at knitomatic.com!

No comments:

Blog Archive