Wednesday, May 02, 2007

New Pattern: Starbuck!

Starbuck has Landed!



Buy Starbuck in Store or Online

Introducing Starbuck, our first exclusive Knit-O-Matic pattern just for our customers. For your knitting pleasure we've designed a simple, fitted raglan pullover with a wide neck. Pattern requires 3 to 5 skeins of
Misti Peruvian Cotton-Silk and is free when you purchase the yarn!

Fit

A close fit top with side shaping and minimum ease incorporates the inherent stretch of cotton & the drape of silk. measure your bust and choose that size, for odd numbered measurements choose the next size up.

Techniques


Knitting in the round, provisional cast on, ssk, picking up stitches, M1L & M1R, short rows, backwards loop cast on. For help with techniques refer to the glossary section of Interweave Knits magazine or knittinghelp.com

Size

to fit bust: 30(32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44) inches

finished length: 20(20, 21, 21, 22, 22, 23) inches

sleeve length to underarm: 3.75(13.75, 14, 14, 14, 14.5, 14.5) inches


Materials

• Misti Cotton Silk 100g/175m: 3(3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5) skeins

• 5mm & 4mm/24” clover bamboo circular needles

• 5mm & 4mm/ 12” addi turbo circular needles

• 1 package clover locking stitch markers

• clover chibi darning needles

• scrap yarn in contrasting colour (mercerized cotton is good)

• row counter



Trivia
This sweater is named Starbuck after the character from the new Battlestar Galactica TV series (she was a bit of an amazon). When I first started working on the pattern I was geekily consuming the show and I naively thought that I would be able to get the whole pattern done by the time I had finished the series. Little did i know that making a great fitting pattern takes a lot more work than 3 seasons of television can afford! Moving on to more shows to occupy me while I was knitting & re-knitting the samples, I moved on to Nip/Tuck, Deadwood, Ugly Betty ...


Misti Peruvian Cotton-Silk Shade Card
Buy Starbuck in Store or Online

3 comments:

Honey said...

Hi! I would really like to buy this pattern--I can't come to the store since I live in California. Would it be possible to buy the pattern from you?

The sweater is incredibly adorable and would make for a great project.

Brynna said...

I can't seem to find this kit on your Etsy site. Is it for sale online yet?

Haley said...

sorry! i think the listing expired. if you want to buy one contact me at knitomatic@gmail.com!

best,

Haley

Blog Archive